01 Sep Which Dermal Filler or Injectable is Right for You?
As nice as it would be to have a smooth, full, and young-looking face for your entire lifetime, we don’t always have control over how our skin ages.
You see, there are two kinds of facial aging: intrinsic and extrinsic. Extrinsic aging are those deep lines, skin laxity, and hyperpigmentation that is primarily due to free radical damage from the sun, stress hormones, air, and food pollutants. To some degree, these factors can be controlled.
However, with intrinsic aging your face loses bone mass and the youthful “plumpness,” while gaining expression lines – this is the “normal” process of aging and can’t really be controlled. However, that doesn’t mean you have to accept it. You can fight back.
Dermal fillers and injectables are great for treating intrinsic aging and can help turn back the hands of time by correcting loss of volume and expression lines. And help you stay younger looking longer than you ever thought possible.
There are a variety of dermal fillers and injectables on the market that can be tailored to fit your individual goals and problem area(s). The only real problem is deciding which one is right for you.
Luckily, we’re here to help.
Popular Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are great ways to restore our skin’s “plumpness” that helps keep us looking younger longer. They also help smooth lines and soften wrinkles. Treatment sessions typically last between 15 and 30 minutes. Depending on your appearance goals, you may wish to consider one of the following popular products:
- Restylane®: A single treatment with Restylane can produce dramatic results that last as long as six months, and has been proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by up to 80 percent! It is an especially effective treatment for people who are bothered by wrinkles around the nose and mouth and who want to restore volume in the cheeks. Restylane Silk is specialty dermal filler used to accentuate the lips, while Restylane Lyft is used for cheek augmentation and midface contouring.
- Radiesse®: This dermal filler is an excellent choice if you have severe wrinkles and facial folds. Although it can’t add volume to lips, Radiesse does restore volume to cheekbones and eliminates wrinkling around the “marionette lines” that run from your nose to your lips.
- Belotero®: Used by European women for years, Belotero is now approved in the U.S. to help American women look younger. Belotero products are ideal for smoothing and filling wrinkles, as well as for lip augmentation, skin rehydration, and restoring facial volume.
Injectables to Consider
Are you tired of hearing that you look angry or sad even when you feel just fine? You can blame it on the wrinkles that form on your face after years of squinting, frowning, or concentrating, in addition to the normal changes of aging. Injectable treatments – which take just 10 to 20 minutes – eliminate such problems as crow’s feet, forehead lines, and glabellar lines. Popular treatments include:
- Botox®: Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the upper face and eyes. Relaxing the muscular contraction smooths existing lines and prevents them from getting deeper and more pronounced.
- Dysport® and Xeomin®: Both of these neuromodulators are created in a similar manner to Botox and are, in fact, variations of the Botulinum toxin. While the effects are similar for most people, some people respond differently to each one or have a preference for one over the other.
With so many simple outpatient options available, you can indeed control the hands of time. Click here to learn more about these and other dermal fillers and injectables available at Vivid Face.
If you’d like to an even better idea of what this technology can do for you, be sure to attend our Ladies Night injectables event on Wednesday, September 7, starting at our Vivid Face Adventura location. We’ll have free consultations, gift bags, giveaways, raffles and more! Give us a call at 305-504-8942 for more information.
Vivid Face is a pioneer in laser technology and is an affiliate of North Beach Vascular & Aesthetics.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.